What you'll need on an Erratic Rock program
Most people automatically assume that the weather is hot in South America, but in Patagonia the temperature can feel quite cold, especially at night.
We also recommend bringing a duffel bag or backpack for clothing not used on the trail. A full sized backpack is essential in the park.
• Passport (with photocopies)
• Travel insurance (with photocopies)
• Airline tickets (with photocopies)
• USD cash or travelers cheques / credit or debt cards
• Lg internal frame backpack 6-7000 cu. in.
• Sleeping bag - rated at 0 degree F.
• Sun screen - high factor
• 1 or 2 one-quart water bottles
• Pocket knife
• 2 lg plastic garbage bags
• Headlamp or flashlight
• Equipment repair kit - wire, duct tape, ripstop fabric tape, needle and thread etc...
• First-Aid kit - Mole skin, bandages, antibiotic oitment, tweezers, fingernail clippers etc...
• Personals - including: toilet paper, deoderant, fingernail clippers etc...
• Trekking boots
• Sandels for river crossings and camp
• Fleece / wool stocking hat
• Light colored bandana
• Base layers - top and bottom
• Fleece insulating jacket
• Down Jacket
• Gore-Tex shell jacket and pants
• Hiking pants
• 3 pair socks
• 1 pair shorts
“ I have had the pleasure of heading down to Patagonia on a couple different trips. I was significantly more prepared for the last trip than the first. Using this knowledge, I have set up a men’s and women’s specific gear list with the items I found to be very helpful. Please reach out to me directly to receive your exclusive erratic rock deal. I’m also here to answer any questions you might have about the necessary gear, the park, or South American in general.”